Saturday 24 September 2011

Paid with Seafood

This is the new chapter in which I am barely employed and nearly jobless - again. I got this three day front lining gig with my mom for her employer – they’re now franchising. After 2 days of handing out brochures, talking to WTF-Filipinos and oh-so-cool foreigners – Americans to be exact just because they’re just really as talkative as me, I’m so freaking tired and happy at the same time because of MOM.


After a hard day’s work, Mr. Claus, mom’s employer would bring us to a place really worth eating. On the first day, we ate at Tanabe at Malate, sadly, I failed to take any pictures just because I felt that I didn’t have a good enough story but the salmon sashimi was so good, I would say that it was sweet and really juicy at the same time. The sad ambiance of the 2011 Franchising convention changed on the second day since the first day jitters was shaken off. More people came to SMX and more people were really interested in putting their money in businesses and of course, it’s a lot more tiring at some point. By the way, remember those movies where the guy asks the girl if she’s free for coffee? 500 Days of Summer just to name one - I think I need something like that. Our booth is in front of Bosch’s booth, they’re the windshield wiper manufacturer and apparently, they are also open for franchising with the car repair shop scheme they have. Kidding and bragging aside, she talked to me first but I haven’t gotten her name yet, which was totally dumb. And the “dumber” part would be me saying that their team also gave us free ice pops the first day so their team is really one of those easy-to-approach people person or people, depending on how you look at it. Ha-Ha-Ha! Anyway, I think she would be the perfect stranger for that part, I hope that I won’t get blown away, though.

While I was eating a ton of seafood the second night, I really can’t take the plan out of my mind. I think it has something to do with me being single for a while now, but I’m really ready for something new – it’s just about time for me to dive in, I think. I’m still thinking of her now, but more of what to do and if I should push through with it. And maybe I should. This will be hell’a funny.

Apparently, a now Cebu-based American told me earlier that you can really fry an egg on Las Vegas’ road, it’s really that hot. Besides wildlife trivia, I’m also a sucker for food trivia.

These were the mouth-watering seafood i devoured after day two of the convention; Buttered Shrimp, Crab claws, Sinigang na ulo ng salmon sa miso, Baked Clam, Fried Calamari and Kilawin na Talaba. Some of them I failed to take a picture of, damn!  I'll be better next time, I promise. We ate at Aling Keng in Seaside at Diosdado Macapagal Avenue.

Sinigang na ulo ng Salmon, Baked Clam, Crab Claws

The seafood aftermath. *burp

No comments:

Post a Comment