Friday 9 September 2011

Things I went thru for an coincidental Bon Chon Chicken

Alright, since I’m currently jobless and desperately waiting for a call or an e-mail, my mom got me a gig with her office. Her boss, a medical supplies business tycoon will be expanding his business and will be open for franchising. After being bombarded with calls, she (mama) actually got me committed to the gig. I really got sick of “Theo, ha, sa Friday, magseseminar tayo para sa franchising.” And so I went.

3:27am, Friday, I was still up and was just thinking about what to do with the seminar. I thought it was just going to be a 2-3hr thing so no worries- stop thinking about it. Got up around 8am, turned the laptop on, surfed the net and just didn’t worry about things. The bad thing was I end up leaving at 10:15am when we agreed to meet up at 10am. No worries, got there 11:10am and got to Francorp in Ortigas at 1:20pm.

Anyway, cutting the long story short since I’ll bore you to death, I was dead hungry since I had no breakfast and lunch and my first meal for the day was at 3:45pm. What a giant WTF moment, right? Galit na mga bulate ko sa tiyan. Good thing the hors d'oeuvre they served was good enough (Goto by Lugaw Queen and some puto).

The seminar ended around 5pm and we went to Robinson’s Galleria to get real food. We were just walking around for less than five minutes and we really don’t know where to eat, until I saw Bon Chon. Luckily, mama and her officemates were more than OK in trying the Bon Chon chicken. This was my first time dining in since the first time I had a chance biting in was a to-go from my sister. Of course, I had a blast munching on their spicy wings and if they’ll be coming up with a Bon Chon whole chicken, let me be the first one to order.

Here’s how their chicken or wings (other parts also had same appearance, I just enjoyed the wings more) look like. It would also look soft when it’s really, really crispy.

This was our side dish since mama really thinks she’d be sick when the real deal was, she really just wanted some calamari.  The calamari was average, in fact, I’ve had better but it was OK since it was a chicken joint.

Overall, if it’s fast, affordable and good tasting chicken you want, Bon Chon won’t fail to deliver. A cold brewski would really help highlighting their spicy chicken wings if you were to ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment